If you like the chance to sample food and beverages at cheap prices and you like free entertainment, be sure to head down to East Ave on Thursday night (May 2). City Newspaper is promoting the 4th annual Best Busker Contest.
A busker, in case you’re not familiar with the term, is someone who performs in public places, usually while soliciting money. Buskers will be found all along East Ave and include musicians playing a variety of instruments: guitar, banjo, fiddle, harmonica, mandolin, classical Indian violin, ukelele and washtub bass. The buskers are set to perform from 6-8pm.
The food and beverage specials run form 5-9pm. There are many specials to choose from. I’ve posted a sampling here but you can see the full list on City’s website:
- $1 mac & cheese cups and $3 chicken portabella sliders at Ludwig’s Center Stage Café
- $2 sliders at The Old Toad
- $3/2 risotto balls or 2 prosciutto wraps at Veneto
- $3 blue velvet cake push pops from Fraiche
- $1 cups of coffee at Java’s!
It’s supposed to be a beautiful night so it’s a perfect time to go downtown and check out all the east end has to offer.