I was a football fan for a long time. I used to watch the televised Buffalo Bills games when I was younger and was a Bills’ season ticket holder for 22 years. I attended some of the really memorable Bills games over the years (including the big Comeback in ’93) and was with them in good and bad years. Eventually it took its toll. The prices kept going up and I was enjoying myself less and less. Dealing with my kids and the commute from Rochester on game day started to be more of a hassle than it was worth.
I eventually dropped my season pass and just watched the Bills on TV. As the mom of two kids and a working woman, football dropped to the bottom of my priority list and I didn’t even watch all the games because of other things that I felt needed to get done. Which leads me to where I’m at now: watching the Superbowl for the commercials and not the game.
While it was at least a good game yesterday, but I’m remembering the commercials more than the game (though there were a few plays that come to mind). I don’t think many people will disagree with me that the GoDaddy commercial was totally unappealing and left me with zero desire to go online to see a more explicit version.
Here’s some of my top pics from yesterday (you can find the full list and the videos here). I’m not sure I have a favorite but I definitely enjoyed these for different reasons:
- Doritos daddy dress-up – I have pictures of my husband dressed up as a princess by our daughter so I totally related to this commercial
- Doritos goat – that goat was too weird and the noise it made just made us all burst out laughing
- Taco Bell senior citizen breakout – I loved how these seniors acted more like delinquent teens than anyone their age
- Toyota Rav4 Genie (Kaley Cuoco) – it was fun to see what each family member’s wish was
- Hyundai Sonata Turbo – We loved seeing all the vehicles and drivers the Sonata passed on the look on the passengers face
- Budweiser’s Clydesdale – Yes this is a sappy, sentimental ad but it still tugs at your heartstrings
- Dodge Ram – “God Made a Farmer” – This commercial was riveting. It wasn’t obvious what they were advertising until the end.
- Kia Space Babies – a cutesy commercial that appealed to woman all over
What were your favorites?