Every summer I come up with my own personal list of things I want to do that summer. I try to make it a relatively short list so I can do most of the things on my list and feel a sense of accomplishment. Activities on my to-do-list this year include:
- Seeing a free concert (did that one, Pat Benatar at Artpark)
- Making it to happy hour with my old co-workers (did that one, Pelican’s Nest a few weeks ago)
- Networking with the August Group or Digital Rochester
- Hitting Corn Hill Arts, Park Avenue or Allentown Arts Festival– I made it to Corn Hill, probably won’t make it to Park Ave this coming weekend.
- Garden Walk Buffalo – I saw some beautiful yards and beautiful houses this past Saturday. We also went down to the Erie Basin Marina and had lunch at the Hatch and took a walk by the submarine and ships at the Buffalo Naval & Military park.
- Biking the canal path to Pittsford. This is planned for next weekend. We’ve biked Spencerport to Brockport and Greece to Spencerport so far this summer as well as a few other trips.
- See a drive-in movie. I try to do this every summer. I thought about going last weekend to the Transit Drive-in. They had a great double-header, with two movies I want to see (Cowboys and Aliens and Harry Potter), but I just couldn’t stomach the times (9:30pm first movie and 11:45 for the second). I’ll have to wait until September when the movies start a lot earlier.
I don’t have much time to fit everything in before the summer will be over, but I still feel good about the things I did accomplish. Start planning those summer to-dos before time runs out.