They recently opened a new haircut place near me, in Henrietta. I knew about it because they had signs along the road advertising $2.99 haircuts! It’s a Great Clips salon which offers hair cuts and perms. The $2.99 price is an introductory price to bring people in the door.
I’ve never been one to go to expensive salons for my haircuts. I could never justify spending $25-30 or more for a cut. I could see paying more if you want a new style, but if you are just getting a trim of your current style why pay big bucks? In the past I had frequented the Supercuts salon near me but it just kept getting busier and more expensive. One thing I liked about Supercuts is that they offered a free cut after a specific number of cuts. Since I took my kids there too, it didn’t take long to earn a free cut.
Soon a Hairzoo salon opened near me so I started going there when they offered coupons that made it $10 per cut. I even have my husband going there too and they’ve started to offer a free cut after 12 cuts, so we’ll be earning a new cut before you know it.
Tips for saving money on haircuts:
- Shop around for inexpensive salons. Go to the cheaper salons in between getting new styles at your favorite salon.
- Look for coupons in the paper, phone book, entertainment coupon book and online.
- Sign up for frequent haircut discounts.
- Get your entire family to go to the same salon so you can get more frequent discounts.
- Trim bangs and sideburns yourself to extend the time between cuts. If you can visit the salon every 8 weeks instead of every 6 weeks you can eliminate 2 cuts per year.
On my visit to Great Clips I was given coupons for $4.99, $5.99, $6.99 & $7.99 cuts over the coming months, as well as a few other discounts. I’ll definitely be bringing my family here for their cuts over the next couple of months. With the tip I left the gentleman who cut my hair, my whole bill game to $4.99. You can’t go wrong for that price.